Sunday, May 13, 2012

Final Analysis of Project Web


     Project web in my opinion is the next generation of teaching not only the English language, but other languages as well to students. As we all know, technology is advancing at a very fast pace and it is becoming essential that students get the proper exposure and training that they need to fully adjust to the evolving society. If I were to put it in my words I would say that project text is teaching me something that has been taught for years and generations, with a modern twist. Twenty years ago, a comic would normally be read only if a person bought it from a comic store. A video would be watched only if it was passed on television or if the person owned a physical copy of the video on a cd or a video cassette. Even more, the way to get your work in to the world was far more difficult because not everybody had the modern day aid of the internet. In my opinion project web is a window in to the future of writing and creating. I say this because only through project web I was able to fuse writing, pictures, and a video to create a Frankenstein-like project known as project space. These creations gather a larger audience since it has the ability to not only describe something, but actually show it. Now the first form of communication which is language has the power to amplify itself by introducing a new way of communication which is the web. Language and words can now travel across the globe and expand infinitely to any corner on this earth’s surface. This is how I got to read “Abominable” and fan fiction which I was able to analyze rhetorically and critically. This is also how I was able to compare different sources of media like Futurama with forms things like the Social Text. Project web in my opinion is something that should become fundamental for this generation. As times change, we also need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment